Support CARP Las Vegas
Support 40 CARP Las Vegas students to join the HyoJeong trip in Japan and Korea!
WHO WE ARE:
CARP Las Vegas is an inspired youth movement embodying the principle that world peace begins when each of us lives for the sake of others. We provide the education and training based upon the teachings of our founders Rev. and Mrs. Moon to raise global leaders who can contribute to a world of peace.
WHAT IS THE HYOJEONG TRIP:
CARP USA is sending 360 students from America to Japan and Korea for 17 days (June 25 - July 11), inspiring them to become global leaders who are willing to solve some of the biggest existing conflicts and issues of our society today. Our CARP Chapter in Las Vegas will send 40 students on the trip. Participants will be introduced to CARP’s founders’ philosophy and the life-long work towards building a peaceful world, as well as history of the CARP movement in Japan and Korea. We will also have opportunities to network with college students in Japan, Korea, and other nations, and discuss our roles in creating stability in the divided Korean Peninsula and beyond.
HIGHLIGHTS IN THIS YEARS TRIP:
- We will visit Waseda University (like the Princeton of Japan) and support Waseda CARP in hosting a rally for 1000 students to raise awareness about the conflict on the Korean Peninsula and to promote the peaceful reunification of the Korean people
- We will spend two days staying in CARP student houses in Japan in a cultural exchange, and experience how we are truly one human family
- We will see the historic sites that mark the founding of the CARP movement in Korea and Japan
- We will visit the DMZ (de-militarized zone) that marks the border between North and South Korea — between the communist and free worlds — to pray for peace on the Korean Peninsula
- We will do some sightseeing in Tokyo and Seoul, visiting historical sites to understand the cultures and traditions of East Asian countries
WHY SHOULD YOU SUPPORT:
This is your opportunity to invest into young people who want to become peace leaders centered upon clear principles and values. Many students who attended previous HyoJeong trips were so inspired by their experience that they became CARP leaders and campus leaders when they returned. Investing into this trip is investing into their potential to contribute to peace in the future.
The presence of 360 American students in Japan and Korea sends a powerful message to society that we will not stand for anything less than peace and cooperation in East Asia. CARP is making a statement about the role that youth have to play in peace building. In addition, the international networks between CARP chapters that we are building on this trip will plant seeds for future collaboration.
We invite you to support and invest, not just in these young futures leaders, but also in the impacts that they will make in creating a world of peace and harmony.