The Graduate College invites you to participate in a flexible 5K to support UNLV's 5,000+ graduate and professional students during this year's #RebelsGive.
Run 5K races routinely? This one's for you! Don't run at all? This one is still for you! This virtual and flexible 5K asks that you pick up any activity that makes you thrive and do it 5 times or for 5 of whatever measurement makes sense. Like to walk, skate, kayak, give hugs, read books, eat cookies, write papers? Do it for 5K, or an hour a day for 5 days, or 5 times. It's easy!
Here's the step-by-step guide:
- Pick an activity that makes you thrive.
- Determine your duration or distance: 5 kilometers? 5 times around the block? 5 minutes or 5 hours? Once a day for 5 days? 5 pages of writing? 5 songs worth of Zumba? You decide!
- Sign up (by making a selection on the right) and help our graduate students thrive! We'll confirm your registration and arrange for you to pick up your event t-shirt if you would like one.
- Invite family, friends, co-workers, competitors, neighbors, anyone and everyone to sponsor your Five to Thrive activity (by sending them this link). Even a few dollars from a sponsor makes a difference and helps our graduate students thrive!
- If you want a t-shirt, pick up starts on Thursday, Feb. 25 at the Graduate College at the University Gateway Building (4700 S. Maryland Parkway, #200, Las Vegas, NV 89119) and runs through Friday, March 5 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Social distancing measures will be in place and masks are mandatory.
- Do your Five to Thrive activity anytime between Friday, Feb. 26 and the end of #RebelsGive on Wednesday, March 3! Snap a photo and post it to social media using these hashtags: #UNLVfivetothrive #UNLVGradCollege #RebelsGive.
It's that simple and fun! Share this with friends and family, challenge co-workers and neighbors. This is a great way to have fun for a good cause and do a safe, virtual activity.
Funding raised will support UNLV's 5,000+ graduate and professional students, and your contribution provides invaluable resources to expand students' educational and professional opportunities, and change both their career paths and their lives. Your investment in graduate education is an investment in the future.
Not your thing? Visit the #RebelsGive website to make a gift and support graduate education!
#RebelsGive runs from March 2-March 3 for 1,957 minutes, in honor of UNLV's founding in 1957. It is an opportunity to unite alumni, students, faculty, staff, and community members in celebration of philanthropy and pride for UNLV.
About the Graduate College
With an institutional mission of advancing graduate education at UNLV, the Graduate College supports more than 175 graduate certificate, master's, specialist, dual-degree, and doctoral programs. We work closely with departments and the graduate faculty to provide UNLV's more than 5,000 graduate students with high quality academic experiences through their coursework, research, scholarship, and creative activity, and innovative professional and career development opportunities.